Radius 18cm Nimbus Windshield (19/22)
The Nimbus is a slide-on windscreen made in many sizes to fit shotguns, small condensers and broadcast camera-mounted microphones. It is designed to reduce up to 25dB of wind noise generated from light to moderate winds, whilst maintaining high-frequency audio clarity. The specially designed rubber end caps are made in two diameters to fit snugly around 19-22mm and 24-25mm microphones, preventing wind from entering behind the capsule. The Nimbus windshields are also the only slip-on fur windscreens to incorporate small "pepper pot" hole openings on the end caps to reduce air pressure near the capsule. This unique feature diminishes the “muddy or muffled” sound that can occur at some frequencies and adds extra clarity when recording with certain microphones. Each Nimbus is made using 25mm length dark grey, acoustic synthetic fur and a porous open cell foam internal core.
- Reduces up to 25dB of wind noise whilst maintaining high-frequency audio clarity
- Unique "pepper pot" end cap design adds extra clarity at certain frequencies by reducing air pressure near the microphone capsule
- Fits: Rode NTG-3; Sanken CS-3e; Sennheiser ME66 K6, MKH416, MKH418-S; Sony ECM-678, ECM-680S
- Fits other shotgun microphones 19-22mm in diameter and with slots less than 18cm from the end of mic
- Made in England from high-quality acoustic synthetic fur with a porous open-cell foam core